How to file:
COMPLIMENTS or COMPLAINTS
If you would like to file a complaint against an employee of The Ohio State University Police Division or you would
like to compliment the actions of one of our employees, there are four ways to do this:
Come to Police Division headquarters at 901 Woody Hayes Drive, Columbus Ohio 43210. Go to the dispatcher window
and explain your purpose. A Public Safety Dispatcher will put you in contact with an on-duty Police Supervisor.
Call 614-292-2121 and explain your purpose. A Public Safety Dispatcher will put you in contact with an on-duty Police Supervisor.
Via Traditional Mail:
Send your communication to Police Division headquarters at 901 Woody Hayes Drive, Columbus, OH 43210, Attention: Deputy Chief of Police.
- To file a complaint - firstname.lastname@example.org
- To issue a compliment - email@example.com
The Ohio State University Police Division has the responsibility to protect the rights of all persons within its jurisdiction. This includes protecting its officers and
employees from false allegations of misconduct. In this context, complainants should be made aware of the following sections of the Ohio Criminal Code:
*(These crimes are misdemeanors of the first degree punishable upon conviction by a fine not more than $1,000 and/or imprisonment not more than 6 months.)
- Section 2917.32(A)(3) No person shall report to any law enforcement agency an alleged offense or other incident within its concern, knowing that such offense did not occur.
- Section 2921.l3(A) No person shall knowingly make a false statement, or knowing swear or affirm the truth of a false statement previously made when any of the following apply:
- The statement is made with purpose to mislead a public official in performing his function.
- Section 2921.15(B) No person shall knowingly file a complaint against a peace officer that alleges that the peace officer engaged in misconduct in the performance of
the officer's duties if the person knows that the allegation is false.