Rules of Use:
- SSS vehicles will wait a maximum of 3mins for you to approach the vehicle
- If your ride is scheduled for 9:40pm, you must be at the vehicle by 9:43pm
- Escorts may be made for groups up to 3 people total
- Food is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Alcohol (opened or unopened) is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Escorts will only be made to the destination dispatched. "Quick stops" are not permitted.
- Carry-on items must fit in the lap of the rider.
- Students that miss two scheduled escorts will be denied escort privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- Students that display gross misbehavior may receive an immediate service suspension and may be referred to the University Police and Student Judicial Affairs.
- The first escort will be made 20 minutes after the start of our operational hours.
- The last escort will be made 20 minutes prior the end of our operational hours.
- All calls received by our dispatchers are recorded and stored
- We recognize that during peak demand periods it may be difficult to request a ride, but we ask that you please be respectful during your phone call
Hours of Operation:
7:00 PM -> 3:00 AM
Please read the service closures section in regards to holidays that fall on academic breaks
Please call as early as possible, during our operational hours, as rides are scheduled on a first-come first-serve basis.
If you must cancel your ride, please do so as early as possible to avoid violating any usage rules and to allow another student the opportunity to receive an escort.
- North to Hudson Street
- South to Fifth Avenue
- East to Conrail railroad tracks (past North Fourth Street)
- West to North Star Road
- North boundary west of Olentangy River Road is Ackerman Road
- *Limited service to University Village is available
When you call, you will be asked for the following information by our dispatchers:
When you enter the vehicle you will be asked for your BuckID. Failure to provide an ID may result in your ride being cancelled.
- Your first and last name
- Your pickup location
- Your destination
- The number in your party
- The time the escort is desired
- Your OSU "dot" number (found at the end of your OSU email address)
Student Safety Service does not operate on any university honored holiday or, under special circumstances, during some large events on campus that require additional Department of Public Safety personnel. Please check the university's calendar for a list of holidays